torsdag 11. november 2010

The Kite Runner - movie part 1

Last Friday we saw The Kite Runner in class. We didn't see all of it though, but I didn't really like the movie. I can say that the actors were good, but I guess I just didn't like the sad story.


When I saw Hassan and Amir, their faces got stuck in my brain, and the story suddenly got so much more sad.

I had chosen the following paragraph for my double entry journal:

"You know, you can tell me anything you want, Amir Jan. Anytime." "I know," I said uncertainly. He looked at me for a long time, like he was waiting, his black bottomless eyes hinting at an unspoken secret between us. For a moment, I almost did tell him. Almost told him everything, but then what would he think of me? He'd hate me, and rightfully".

This part was in the movie, and I must say I felt the tears coming. I thought it was probably one of the sad parts of the movie because Rahim Khan seemed to be so kind despite the fact that he knew what Amir had done. I know that earlier I have said how much I hate Amir, but something Ann said in class made me think. She said that we expect a lot from this 12 year old boy, and when I saw Amir and Hassan, and I saw how small they actually were, I realized that I had been way to harsh on him. Not that I justify the fact that he didn't stand up for Hassan, but the bullies were huge, and Amir was just a little boy.


This is what I want to right now, but when we have seen the end of the movie, I will blog more.

1 kommentar:

  1. Thank you for that very reflective perspective you give of that particular incident. It is a very powerful moment in both the book and the movie. I'm glad you also mentioned how you might look a little differently on the incident in retrospect. I think that shows that you really have been thinking bout what you have read in the book and seen in the movie.

    SvarSlett