fredag 15. oktober 2010

I'm finished...

These last couple of days I've been reading a lot to finish the book for English class. I can't believe how The Kite Runner ends. I'm not going to ruin the reading for those of you who want (and should) read this book, but I must say I never thought it would end the way it did. I can't put my finger on it, but the ending was sad and yet beautiful. I can reveal one of the last sentences: "For you a thousand times over". When I read that quote on the first page, I never imagined how it would turn out to be the most important sentence in the book. It means so many things. It shows how much Hassan adores Amir. If you have read the book, and I mean really read the book (not just seen the movie, or read a summary on Wikipedia), you will recognize this quote and probably remember it for a long time. Instead of being just six random words put together, the quote has become the symbol of love and admiration. At least I think so.

It was good for me to read this book. Like I've said before it is very different from the books I normally read, crime books etc. However, this book actually had something to say to the readers. It tells us how honesty and standing up for the people you love is important. Family and friends are the only thing that matters, and you can never escape from your past, so you better do the right thing to begin with. I think this is a book people should read, not only for the sake of reading, but to get to know another culture. I was very skeptical towards the book to start with, but now I'm actually recommending it to you.

Anyway, I look forward to see the movie. My expectations are very high, and I hope I won't get disappointed.

1 kommentar:

  1. I don't think you will be dissapointed but as always the book is better then the movie. I think you write about the sentence "for you a thousand times...." beautifully. It is such a touching book. And I agree it is a sad but beautiful ending to the book.

    SvarSlett